PCS Mains Syllabus Management – UP PCS Mains Exam
Check UP PCS Mains Syllabus Management –
Download Complete Syllabus – Click here
The candidates are expected to be acquainted with various aspects of Management. They should be able to apply theory to practice in the context of world business, in general. and business function in India, in particular. For this, they are expected to be well conversant with the environment, in with business functions in India. They should also be able to display knowledge and application of managerial tools of analysis and decision-making in various functional areas.
PCS Mains Syllabus Management : Paper – I
1. Management Concepts and Evolution : Concept and significance of Management: Management as science of art as a profession and distinction between management and administration. Roles and responsibilities of management; Principles of management Evoluton of management-classical school, new-classical school, modern management school: contribution of management experts.
2. Planning and Decision Makings : Planning-nature, type, significance and limitations; objectives of Organization, MBO; Plans objectives; policies: procedures: planning premises and forecasting. Techniques of forecasting. Decision- making- types, process; Rational decision making-its- limitations.
3. Organisation and Organizational Behaviour : Organisation-concept. Factors affecting, Departmentation and assignment of activities, Span of management: Authority and responsibility. Authority-meaning, types. sources. Acceptance of authority; Delegation of authority meaning principles and obstacles to delegation; Centralisation and decentralisation of authority; Organisatonal behaviour-concept and significance; individual and group behaviour. Oganisational Change.
4. Directing : Directing meaning principles and techniques: Motivation-Theories: Contribution of Maslow, Herzberg, Mc Gregor, McLeland, and other leading authorities: Leadership meaning functions and types: qualifies of successful leader, Various theories of leadership; Communication-meaning, functions and types: qualities of a successful leader, Various theories of leadership; authroties; Leadership-meaning. Functions and types; qualifies of a successful leader. Various theories of leadership; Communication-meaning, types and techniques: barriers to communication: Measures for effctives communicaton.
5. Controlling and Co-ordinating : Controlling-meaning process; pre-requisites for effctives controlling, Methods of controlling. budgetary and non budgetary, Co-ordination, Principles, Techniques and barriers to Co-ordination.
6. Business Environments : Concept and significance of Business environment, lnterplay between business unit and environment, social responsibilities of business, Business ethics; Industrial Policy: Monetary Policy, Fiscal Policy: Foreign capital and foreign collaboraton; Multinationals in India: Causes of concentration of economic power, control of monopoly.
PCS Mains Syllabus Management : PAPER- II
SECTION – I : MARKETING MANAGEMENT
Concept and functions of marketing, Marketing mix; Market segmentation and product differentiation; Product modificaton and product life-cycle. Consumer motivation and behaviour: Demand forecasting. Sales promotion: Advertising: Salesmanship and management of sales force. Role and techniques of marketing research. Marketing audit and coutrol. Decision ideas in International Marketing. Rural Marketing in India.
SECTION- II : PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
Meaning and nature of production Management. Type of Production systems. Production planning and control, Ranking, loading and scheduling for different types of production system. Plant location and site selecton. Plant layout and material handling. Production design. Value analysis Quality control, Inventory Control: ABC Analysis, Determination of EOQ, Reader point and safety stock Waste Management.
SECTION – III : FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Meaning and scope, Estimating the firm’s financial requirements; Capital Structure determination; Cost of Capital; the Size of Working Capital; Managerial dimensions of Working Capital, Management of Long-Term Funds; Capital market, insitutional mechanism for funds. Leasing and sub-contracting. Investment decisions, Criteria for investment appraisal; Risk Analysis in Investment decision. Financial Management in Public Enterprises with reference to India.
SECTION – IV : HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Nature scope and significance of Human Resources Recruitment and Training Development; Promotion and Transfer; Performance appraisal; Job evaluation and Merit rating. Wage and salary administration. Employee moral and Motivation. Industrial Democracy and workers participation in Management, Collective Bargaining. Discipline and Grievance handling. Conciliation and adjudication, Trade Unionism in India.