PCS Mains Syllabus Political Science and IR – UP PCS Mains Exam
Check UP PCS Mains Syllabus Political Science and IR –
Download Complete Syllabus – Click here
PCS Mains Syllabus Political Science and IR : PAPER – I
SECTION – A
1. Political Theory :
(1) Nature and scope of political Science. Different approaches to the study of Political Science. Traditional and contemporary- Behavioural, systemes and Marxist.
(2) Nature of Moderm State, Theories of Sovereignty, Power, Authority and Legitimacy.
(3) Theories of Rights, Liberty, Equality and Justice.
(4) Theories of Democracy.
(5) Liberalism, Socialism and Marxism.
(6) Political Philolsophy: Kautilya and Manu; Plato and Aristotle; St. Thomas Acquinas and Marsiglio of Padua; Machiavelli, Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau; Montesquieu, Bentham and J.S. Mill, Hegal, T.H. Green, Herold, J. laski; Marx, Lenin and Mao Tse Tung.
SECTION – B
1. Government and Politics with Special Reference of India :
(a) Forms of Government : Unitary and Federal, Parliamentary and Presidential.
(b) Political Institutions : Legislature Executive and Judiciary, Political Parties and Pressure Groups; Electroal System; Bureaucray’s Role in Modern Government.
(c) Political Process: Political Culture and Political Socialization, Modernization and political development.
2. INDIAN POLITICAL SYSTEM
(a) Rise of Indian Nationalism : Social and Political Ideas of Gokhale, Tilak, Mahatma Gandhi, Jawahar Lal Nehru, Jinna and B.R. Ambedkar
(b) Indian Constitution : Basic features, Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles: The Union Government; President, Prime-Minister and Council of Ministers, Parliament and Supreme Court; State Government, Powers and position of the Governor, Centre-State Relations, Local Government with special reference of Panchayati Raj.
(c) Indian Politics Process : Caste in Politics, Regionalism, Linguism and Communalism, Political Parties and Pressure Groups, Violence in Indian politiecs, National integration.
PCS Mains Syllabus Political Science and IR : PAPER- II
SECTION – A
- International Relations and International Politics ; Definition, Nature and Scope.
- Theories of International Politics : The Realist, Systems, and Decision making theories.
- Factors determinings foreign policy; National Interest, ideology, Elements of National Power.
- Nationalism and imperialism; Decolonization; Rise of New-Colonialism.
- Balance of power as foreign policy choice, its relevance in present tunes.
- The Cold War: Détente; New Cola War and Current World Order.
- The new International Economic Order and its significance
- Role of International Law in Internatioal Relations.
- Role of Diplomacy in International Politics.
- International Organizations the U.N. and its agencies; International Court of Justice, Role of U.N. international Relations.
- Regional Organizations ; OAS, OAU, The Arableague, SAARC, The ASEAN, The EEC and their role in International Relations.
- Arms race : Efforts at conventional and nuclear disarmament and arms control. Impact of Nuclear Power on international Politics.
- Nonalignment: Origin, role and its current relevance in international relation.
Section – B
- Foreign Policies of U.S.A., Russia and China.
- India’s Foreign Policy and its relations with U.S.A. Russia and China.
- India and its neighbours.
- Zones of Regional conflict and cooperation; West Asia, South Asia and South East Asia.
- Third World and its role international relations, North-South Dialogue, South-South Cooperation.
- Indian Ocean: Problems and Prospects.